About the Temple:
Main deity: Kayarohaneswarar and Kamalaambigai
Once, Lord Brahma and Vishnu were very disappointed as their life time was drawing to a close. Shiva, who is beyond time limit took both of them to his shoulder and started dancing. Since Lord Shiva allowed them to take refuge on his back and blessed them, He is called Kayarohaneshwarar. Goddess Mahalakshmi showered the leaves of the holy Bael tree worshipped Kayarohaneshwarar to be blessed with a holy husband – Lord Vishnu. This temple is popularly known as Guru Sthalam since Lord Jupiter [Lord Guru] came here to worship Shiva and was blessed with unfailing devotion towards Him.
Every Thursday, people throng the temple. The place of Sri Bhaaskhara maharishi is situated very close to this temple.
Kayarohana Theertham. The Kanchi Puranam lays emphasis on the greatness of this place by saying that those who bathe in the Kayarohana Theertham and worship Shiva and Goddess Lakshmi here would be bestowed with all wealth and wisdom.
We later went on to visit Sri Varadharaja Peruma Temple, Thirukkachi.
|Sri Varadharaja Perumal Temple, Kanchipuram|
|Lord Vardharaja Perumal with Thaayaar|
- Thirukachi [Hastigiri] Varadhraaja Perumal
- Thiru ooragam, Thiru neeragam, Thirukkaragam and Thirukkaarvaanam in the same temple complex
- Nilanthunagal tundam
- Parameswara Vinnagaram
- Ekambareswarar Temple
- Sri Thirumetralinathar temple
- Thiru Onan Kandhan Thali
- Kachi Nerikkaaraikkaadu
- Iravatanesvara Temple
- Jvaraharesvara Temple
- Matangesvara Temple
- Muktesvara Temple
- Pirvatanesvara Temple
- Vaikunta Perumal Temple
- Kailasanatha Temple
6. Sri Vaikunta Perumal temple
7. Sri Ulagalandha Perumal temple
8. Sri Kamakshi Amman temple
9. Thiru Pavala Vannan and Pachai Vanna Perumal Temple
10. Sri Ekambareswarar temple – Thiru Nilathingal Thundam is here
11. Thiru Padagam temple.