The Pandavas received the Akshaya Pathram [bowl] from Lord Krishna [in the Mahabharata] on this day. The food came in abundance, when they were in the forest. Due to this reason, people believe that anything that is acquired on this day will be replenished. This day is specially important as on this day any thing you donate is akshaya or never ending.
|Sri Maha Lakshmi|
Lord Vishnu and his incarnations are worshipped on the day. People also conduct Lakshmi puja on Akshaya Tritiya. A dip in the Ganges on this day is considered to be very auspicious. Buying gold on this day signifies never-diminishing money or wealth for the whole year. It is the best day to make auspicious beginnings so that they produce imperishable results.
|The selfless act of daanam.|
- 1. Jala Daanam [ Water Daanam to Brahmin with betul nut and dakshina – For Wealth.
- 2. Shyana Daanam [ giving bed] – It gives all happiness.
- 3. Vasthra Daanam [ giving clothes] – Ayushyam –long life.
- 4. Kunkum Daanam – It gives good position in life and also long life for husband.
- 5. Chandana Daanam – It avoids from Accidents.
- 6. Thamboolam – It makes a man as ruler of the nation.
- 7. Naarikela Daanam [Coconut Daanam] – Out last 7 Pithrus will get relief from Naraka.
- 8. Butter Daanam – It is for Vidhya Praapthi.
- 9. Udakumbha Daanam –Giving water in Bronze/Silver vessel –filling water with pacha Karpooram,saffron and thulasi, together with Betul nut and dakshina. This gives Gaya Shrarddham phalan[benefit]. This is one of the most important daanam for those who wish to be married, people who want to get relieved off pithru saabham[curse], and also for those people who wish to be bestowed with a child.
- 10. Padaraksha Daanam[Slippers] – This Daanam will avoid us from entering into Naraka.
- 11. Chatra Daanam [ Umbrella] – This Daanam removes many obstacles in life.