|Thiruvellarai Temple, the present main entrance|
|Thiruvellarai Temple, the huge main rajagopuram in ruins|
|Thiruvellarai - Moolavar and Utsavar|
2. Kanda Kshree Theertham
3. Chakkara Theertham
4. Chakkara Theertham
5. Pushkala Theertham
6. Padma Theertham
7. Varaaha Manikarnika Theertham]
|Thiruvellarai Temple, inner gopuram and vimanam |
2. This is Birth place of Bhakthar Uyyakondaar.
3. The temple is situated on top of a Mountain which has a fall of white rocks and is 100 feet high.
4. In front of the big pillar in his temple, when one makes any sound, it replicates and echoes around the temple. Because of this, some of paasurams in Divyapprabhandhams are said for 2 or 3 times.
5. It appears from hearsay that, the temple's Raja Gopuram is left unfinished due to a mishap that occurred when it was being constructed. The completion process has not been initiated from that incident.